Mountain Project Logo

Red Rock Jan 15-19

Original Post
Leonardo Gomez · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 0

I'm going to Red Rock to do some bouldering, and some sport if I can find a partner. I sport climb 5.10 maybe 5.11 and boulder up to v4. Message or reply if you would like a partner

Katie Chambo · · Chapel hill nc · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

Looking for a partner for mesquite tomorrow. Sport climbing on limestone. Want to go.

Ashley Ellwood · · Las Vegas, Nevada · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

It has been raining so please stay off the sandstone. Most people don't listen so, if you're going anyway, please don't yank on things that could easily break. We have a "3 day rule" because our beautiful rocks tend to break when they're wet. If soneone who lives closer to Red Rock could chime in when it rained last that would be cool. I know it was raining in town today and I'm pretty sure it got dumped on out there Thurs or Friday.

Also be prepared to have people publicly shame you or yell at you for climbing when it's wet. Rain is killing us this season. :/

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275
Ashley Ellwood wrote:It has been raining so please stay off the sandstone. Most people don't listen so, if you're going anyway, please don't yank on things that could easily break. We have a "3 day rule" because our beautiful rocks tend to break when they're wet. If soneone who lives closer to Red Rock could chime in when it rained last that would be cool. I know it was raining in town today and I'm pretty sure it got dumped on out there Thurs or Friday. Also be prepared to have people publicly shame you or yell at you for climbing when it's wet. Rain is killing us this season. :/
It's up to three days now? Funny how the recommended waiting time varies from person to person. I would think it's dependent on how much and long it rains, whether the proposed climb is in the sun, if it's windy enough to dry out the climb quicker and whether the ground is still wet.

I say round it off to a week! (facetious)
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply