Mountain Project Logo

Uninformed trail maintenance

Original Post
D Young · · Las Vegas, Nevada · Joined Dec 2007 · Points: 315

Trail maintenance on 1/11/17 eliminated the trail to Black Corridor/Sweet Pain/Great Red Book/Meetup Wall/etc. WTF??? There was a group of about 6 working at the 2nd pullout yesterday eliminating all of the random trails and erosion areas that have popped up over the last few years in the area. Overall, they did a great job. However, when I walked out at the end of the day, I noticed they had eliminated the trail to Black Corridor et al. Last year they did the same thing at Red Spring by eliminating the acccess trail to Classic Corner/Jabba the Hut/Coco Crags etc. They were done for the day and gone when I saw this so I didn't get a chance to talk to them.

Trail removed....
BigB · · Red Rock, NV · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 340

Wonder if their with the Great Basin Institute? That group did a lot of work on the mtb trails in the black velvet area that the local mtb community was not very happy with...

John Wilder · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Feb 2004 · Points: 1,530

Perhaps you should contact the SNCC. They have an MOU with the blm, so they are the best way to address this.

I'd be surprised if the blm signed off on that particular trail closure because:

1) the old Lvclc did work on that trail years ago when we installed those posts at the trail head.

2) that's essentially the main trail into the 2nd pullout hiking trails, not just the corridor, etc.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply