Mountain Project Logo

Old lady H's significant, huge, Birthday thread!! January 19th!!

Original Post
Old lady H · · Boise, Idaho · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 275

Okay, so what, I agree.

BUT, when the lead headline earlier this week was "Snow on the ground in 49 of 50 states", well, I be thinkin' some excuse for fun is in order.

My 60 is a week out tomorrow, January 19th. More than a few of you either just passed, or will soon also pass into the realm of irredeemably no longer young, so let's throw a party, since I, for one, refuse to go down without a fight!

(For real sidebar: I am aiming for Halley's comet return. July 28, 2061. I'll only be 104!)

Post any darn thing you want, just make it entertaining, and NUMBER them as you go. Don't make me have to take off my shoes to count past ten, then do all that math to get to sixty. Inspiring all of us to keep the stoke up is a plus, as is laughing hard enough to spew the coffee. If ya get flagged, though, doesn't count. Nor does mean (please flag).

Here's how it gets back to climbing:

You people get 60 posts on here, and Old lady H. will publicly deflower herself, and get her FIRST LEAD climb in. Outside. Photos!

Now, how long has it been since someone offered up their virginity to you, eh?

Go for it! I WILL NOT PEEK, so it will be up to you to police yourselves, please.

Remember, there are others who either just hit, or will soon hit, those big, fat numbers, so if any of you want to throw in a wonky offer to celebrate yours..... :-)

Best, Helen

AKA Old Lady H
See ya a week from tomorrow!

Oh, and if this doesn't go anywhere, that's okay too. Y'all still gotta catch if you ever wander through town. You buy the coffee, though.

Nick Sweeney · · Spokane, WA · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 650
This post violated Rule #1. It has been removed by Mountain Project.
Aleks Zebastian · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 175
Nick Sweeney wrote:How about you climb for yourself instead of attention-mongering on Mountain Project?
2) climbing friend dick sweener,

I slap on your wang!

how dare you do the criticize and the mock of old lady H. she is for obvious quite nice, good person, unlike the many hateful, depressed peoples of the internet with too much pent up rage and frustration sexual type.

old lady H, your birthday it is happy!!! And you will make the bold flash of lead rock style! I do the celebrating, and perhaps may DJ for you fun-time-euro-dance party!! Myah!
Nathan Self · · Louisiana · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 90

3. Cheers,

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275

You're seeking attention for yourself? Tsk, tsk.

amarius · · Nowhere, OK · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 20

Congratulations!

Old lady H wrote:Old lady H. will publicly deflower herself...
Even though that would be disturbingly hilarious, how about putting in 60 climbs on your big-day.
curt86iroc · · Golden, CO · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 63
Aleks Zebastian wrote: 2) climbing friend dick sweener, I slap on your wang! how dare you do the criticize and the mock of old lady H. she is for obvious quite nice, good person, unlike the many hateful, depressed peoples of the internet with too much pent up rage and frustration sexual type. old lady H, your birthday it is happy!!! And you will make the bold flash of lead rock style! I do the celebrating, and perhaps may DJ for you fun-time-euro-dance party!! Myah!
How about you climb for yourself instead of attention-mongering on Mountain Project?
Tyler Mugg · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 180

happy birthday! i admire your young climbing spirit.
Cheers!

Thomas G. · · SLC, Utah · Joined Feb 2010 · Points: 150

Hey Old Lady H,

I'm not too active in the forums, but I lurk a lot. You're one of my favorite personalities around here; a voice of kindness, humor, and wit. I wish more people were like you on the internet. I hope you have a great birthday - I'm excited to see videos or pictures of your first lead. Climb safely!

Carla R · · San Jose, CA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 110

Thomas G. wrote:Hey Old Lady H, I'm not too active in the forums, but I lurk a lot. You're one of my favorite personalities around here; a voice of kindness, humor, and wit. I wish more people were like you on the internet. I hope you have a great birthday - I'm excited to see videos or pictures of your first lead. Climb safely!
+1

Happy birthday, Helen! Good luck on your first lead!!
Jon Nelson · · Bellingham, WA · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 4,675

10) Yes, Happy 60th. Thanks for the positive posts you've made.

Idaho in January would be a cold first lead. So, I suppose after that, it will be cake...

Bill Kirby · · Baltimore Maryland · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 480
curt86iroc wrote: How about you climb for yourself instead of attention-mongering on Mountain Project?
Aren't we all seeking attention when we post witty comments like the above?

Good luck Helen! Looking forward to those pics..
Hank Caylor · · Glenwood Springs, CO · Joined Dec 2003 · Points: 615

From one of your weirder Mountain Project friends, Happy Birthday Helen! If there's anything I can do to help in any way, lemme' know please.

Maybe the 70th Birthday..
Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 2,745

Well, that numbering idea didn't last long.

Oh, um, 8. I think?

curt86iroc · · Golden, CO · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 63
Bill Kirby wrote: Aren't we all seeking attention when we post witty comments like the above? Good luck Helen! Looking forward to those pics..
just trying to call aleks out in the hopes of a witty and hilarious response..of which you did not provide!!
Idaho Bob · · McCall, ID · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 58

Happy Birthday. But what is important is your mental age. Me, I'm going on 13!

wendy weiss · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 30

You are a mere child. I'm not sure you're even old enough to lead. But I'm looking forward to the photos -- when the snow melts.

Bill Kirby · · Baltimore Maryland · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 480
curt86iroc wrote: just trying to call aleks out in the hopes of a witty and hilarious response..of which you did not provide!!
Damn you're right! So that means I was defending Aleks not Helen... Doh!! My bad curt, carry on..
Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 190

Yay! What a way to celebrate! Nice to always make sure you're outdoors on your birthday.

King Tut · · Citrus Heights · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 420

Happy birthday Helen!

Rock on!

Nick Goldsmith · · Pomfret VT · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 440

Happy birthday Helen. hope it is a great one and you have a blast!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply