M10 crampons with case $100

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 2,755

Petzl/Charlet M10 crampon. The classic waterfall ice crampon. These have seen a fair amount of use, but fresh frontpoints are installed with no use on them. Bottom points have never been filed; greatest wear is on the forward-slanting secondary teeth (see photo). Full antibotts are in place but they are old and starting to tear. I wouldn't expect them to last much longer. Carry/storage case included.

These crampons will do everything that a modern, modular crampon will do: dual frontpoints, monopoint, offset, centered, staggered, long/short point adjustment. They're just heavier than the Lynx/Cyborg models. And they have that sucky rubber antibott system.

$100 + relevant shipping. Pick-up possible in Catskills/So. NY area.

top view

side view

new points

case included

Kris Fiore · · Burlington, Vermont · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 1,444

I'll bump these for gunkiemike...

I rock the same ones and I love them. Mine are far more worn than these ones and they get it done for me on steep ice no problem.

PROS:
- For this price with new front points? Total steal.
- Stable and sturdy
- Lighter than they appear for such a sturdy crampon
- The lock is bomber
- Highly adjustable front point can be mono, dual, centered or off-center.

CONS:
- The rubber anti-baller is a pain to deal with. Mine finally died this season and I ripped them off. Wish they were plastic.
- Adjusting them isn't the easiest

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply