Puerto Rico, Dominican republic and Cuba this winter!

Original Post
Wilhelm Bergman · · Helsinki · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

Hello!
I'm a guy from Finland travelling around the world on my bicycle. I'm also a climber, so I brought my shoes and harness with me! All I need now is a partner.
I will be arriving in Puerto Rico tomorrow and I'll probably stay in the Caribbean for a few months. I lead 5.11c comfortably.
Let me know if you're around!

Lin Robinson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 30

how long will you be in puerto rico for?

Lin: that depends on how much I like it! My guess would be between one and six weeks. When are you coming?

Lin Robinson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 30

I haven't decided yet. I wanted to get back there for climbing though because it is deceptively good

cashmab · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 1,589

The Dominican Republic has some of the best climbing in the Caribbean. PM me if you want some beta.

bambu · · Berlin, Germany · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

Hello,

I'll be in the Dominican Republic from 1st of March till the end of April. I'm looking for a climbing partner, prefarebly 1-2 weeks starting beg of March. But also possible later on.
I'm not too expericed in rock climbing, mostly climbed in a gym in Berlin and maybe around ~ two weeks at the rooks in southern europe, but I belay reliably, lead 10a.

Anyone interested? :)

@Will: Do you already know when you will be around?

Hey Bambu! DR from the beginning of March should work well for me. I'm still in San Juan, the climbing is excellent here!

awesome!
let's touch base, when dates come closer!?

Does anyones knows how to find nice climbing spots in the DR?

Hmm, I just noticed that March is not the next month :D I think I've been on the road for too long. I'm probably not there in March anymore, but you never know. I'll let you know my progress!

cashmab · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 1,589
bambu wrote:awesome! let's touch base, when dates come closer!? Does anyones knows how to find nice climbing spots in the DR?
Bambu- there is quite a bit of good info here on mountain project (route guide section) about climbing in DR. There is an "outdoor gym" in the heart of Santo Domingo on natural limestone with 50+ sport and top rope routes. The local climbers meet on Saturday's and Sundays to climb there. It's called Parque Mirador del Sur.

Outside of the capital city, there are some great places: Bayahibe is a nice clean limestone crag with over 50 sport routes. Contact climbingbayahibe@hotmail.com for info.

There are a handful of routes at a nice eco lodge near Sabana del Mar at a place called Paraiso Cano Hondo.

Then there is the crown jewel of climbing in the DR, Playa Fronton and adjacent crags. This area is plagued by dangerous corroded hardware that is in the process of being replaced with titanium. There are currently a handful of safe routes to climb. PM me for details.
Jose Soto · · Aguadilla, Puerto Rico · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 0

Looking to climb on Monday. I have gear. Let me know. Jose

Jorge Marques · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

I'll be in PR for a week at the end of February and looking to c limb of your still looking for a partner.

Hello Jorge! I already moved on to the Dominican Republic. Have a good stay in PR and let me know of you need any info or climbing contacts.
I'm planning on staying in the DR for a while if anybody here is interested :)

Hi everyone,

I'll be travelling around DR with a friend from beg till mid of March by car (no 4x4 tho). Anyone up for sharing, want to join for a while, go climbing together? My friend just started climbing, so some very easy routes needed so she could climb, too.

Any suggestions? Are there more routes than the ones mentioned here?

Feel free to pm me.

Cheers

Update: I'm still around. If anyone's going to climb in padre nuestro or Haitises, lmk!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply