Anybody who can share updates about renown climbing cartoonist-Tami Knight

Original Post
Woodchuck ATC · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 3,110

I'm a big fan of hers...have most of her books and totally enjoyed her many years of cartoons in Climbing' magazine. She specialized in climbing cartoons, characters mostly of a rat-like nature, but with personalities that matched ice, trad, sport, alpine situations. Funny as hell stuff.

Can't find her on Facebook, dont' think she's active here on MP. Anyone know what has happened with her in last decade or so? Got any favorite stories or cartoons of hers to share?

If you are not familiar with Tami,,,just search for info on the infamous 'Ava-poodle'..and you will get a fine example of her wonderful humor and cartoons. Attached a [age from one of her cartoon books. Love to find she is secretly working on some massive climbing cartoon masterpiece once again. Rumors long ago of some movie or video work planned but never saw it. Think she should have a 5 minute video segment at 'intermission' of every new ReelRockTour movie from here to eternity. Anybody got something to share,,,would love to read about it.

Climbing cartoons at their best ever,,,,thanks to Canadian talent of Tami Knight

Michael Schneider · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 735
Woodchuck ATC wrote:I'm a big fan of hers...have most of her books and totally enjoyed her many years of cartoons in Climbing' magazine. She specialized in climbing cartoons, characters mostly of a rat-like nature, but with personalities that matched ice, trad, sport, alpine situations. Funny as hell stuff. Can't find her on Facebook, dont' think she's active here on MP. Anyone know what has happened with her in last decade or so? Got any favorite stories or cartoons of hers to share? If you are not familiar with Tami,,,just search for info on the infamous 'Ava-poodle'..and you will get a fine example of her wonderful humor and cartoons. Attached a [age from one of her cartoon books. Love to find she is secretly working on some massive climbing cartoon masterpiece once again. Rumors long ago of some movie or video work planned but never saw it. Think she should have a 5 minute video segment at 'intermission' of every new ReelRockTour movie from here to eternity. Anybody got something to share,,,would love to read about it.
She is a homey at the Taco stand. Where She posts under the name Tami
john strand · · southern colo · Joined May 2008 · Points: 1,640

Everyone needs an avvie poodle....

john strand wrote:Everyone needs an avvie poodle....
Or two. You never know about changing snow conditions out skiing the backcountry off trail these days.

Love the Woommmffff' of the snow crust letting go and heading down slope, poodle included.
FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275

She wrote an article in Alpinist a year or two ago about climbing with Peter Croft in Squamish, complete with cartoons, IIRC.

Thanks Frank..good to know she is still around and active. I'll look to see if I have that back issue.

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275
Woodchuck ATC wrote:Thanks Frank..good to know she is still around and active. I'll look to see if I have that back issue.
Woodchuck,

I just went through my stack of Alpinists. She's in issues 56 and 52.

hey thanks.. I have limited back issues but will look and see.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply