Mountain Project Logo

Ouray, Silverton San Juans ice partner 1/11-16

Original Post
ColinM · · Boulder, CO · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 50

I'll be in the San Juans next week and want to get on some ice routes, both in the park and backcountry. Message me your phone and I'll contact you.

delly84 Letts · · Golden, Co · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 154

I'm looking for partners in that vicinity and since Colin is already booked I'm stealing his thread. I'm in the area this Friday through Sunday (1/13 - 1/15).

I've got gear/rack, etc plus bc skis and would be interested in the park, bc ice or mellow ski descents. i just started leading ice this year, and i feel pretty comfortable on wi3 and m4-5.

the plan right now is just to set up a fixed line and rope solo stuff in the park, but a partner would be nice.

Jake Kay · · Jackson WY · Joined Sep 2008 · Points: 35

Hey, just moved to Durango and bought a bunch of ice gear. Would love to get out but am absolutely brand spanking new to Ice. I was a trad climber for a good while in the tetons so have climbing skills, but never touched ice. Literally just unpacking all the gear now and will be looking to break things in ASAP. Should be free at least 2 of those days. Hoping to ski the others. Likewise, if you have your BC set up and want to do a day of both I'd be game. Let me know.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply