Mountain Project Logo

Shockley's naked on your birthday?

Original Post
Nolan Huther · · Clarkson University · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 602

I was very bored during my lunch hour and found myself reading the ticks for Shockley's Ceiling. I found naked and naked on your birthday to be a recurring theme. I'm expecting this is a Vulgarians thing, but anyone want to explain? Also, anyone got some good stories to tell? I'm prepared to be amused...

Jim Sweeney · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2006 · Points: 30
Dick Williams

The original.

The rest merely imitators.
BigNobody · · all over, mostly Utah · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 10

I am sure that Old leachours Perv Benji Chappedlips beat me to it. But I only saw like 6 people who claimed to do it naked. One I would have loved to belay. Jen from Boston! hahaha.

Anyway, maybe it's called Shockleys because uhm, it was a shock the FA was naked? I speculate. Thanks for making the end of the work day funny.

Mark E Dixon · · Sprezzatura, Someday · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 549

Maybe because William Shockley did the first ascent?

BigNobody · · all over, mostly Utah · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 10

haha^^^^ I was waiting

Kevin Heckeler · · Upstate New York · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 1,411
Nolan Huther wrote:I was very bored during my lunch hour and found myself reading the ticks for Shockley's Ceiling. I found naked and naked on your birthday to be a recurring theme. I'm expecting this is a Vulgarians thing, but anyone want to explain? Also, anyone got some good stories to tell? I'm prepared to be amused...
It's hype to disguise the fact it's a mediocre climb outside of the couple moves.
sean barb · · winston salem, north carolina, · Joined Nov 2008 · Points: 70
Zoo View at Moore's Wall has been soloed, naked at least once.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply