Mountain Project Logo

App functionality - comments and ratings

Original Post
Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 252

Hey,

This is a humble request to add route comment and rating suggestions to the IOS app. As I do a majority of my ticks on my phone, it's a little annoying having to switch to the browser version for things like this.

JK- Branin · · NYC-ish · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 56
Ted Pinson wrote:Hey, This is a humble request to add route comment and rating suggestions to the IOS app. As I do a majority of my ticks on my phone, it's a little annoying having to switch to the browser version for things like this.
+1
Ralph Swansen · · Boulder CO · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 761

Would be cool

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 4,098

Thanks - we're working on a new version of the app right now and will see how this fits it.

Ol Leatherhands · · Olympia, WA · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

+1

Same goes for being able to upload photos to forum posts directly from iOS app. That would be a very nice feature to have.

Thank you!!

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 252

You can do that - just click "use the full website." Though, it would be nice if you could do it straight from the regular interface.

Ol Leatherhands · · Olympia, WA · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

Hence the reason I posted.

Chris Johnson · · Boulder, CO · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 15

+1.

Peter D Daniels · · Denver, CO · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 6

I would love to see the route search capability in the phone app, similar to the advanced search in the web site.

Andrew Krajnik · · Plainfield, IL · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 1,739
Peter D Daniels wrote:

I would love to see the route search capability in the phone app, similar to the advanced search in the web site.

+1

The "best routes for YOU" is an outstanding feature, and I'd love to see this in the app. Whenever heading to a new area, this is my first step, so I can identify the crags/areas that are most dense with climbs in my target grade. I typically then print that route list and put it with my guidebook, so we can make decisions on the fly.

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 4,098

The "Route Finder" is coming to the app in a week or two.  We're doing final testing now.  It's a massive overhaul.

Andrew Krajnik · · Plainfield, IL · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 1,739

That's great to hear!

Phenomenal job with the site and app, by the way. They are immensely useful tools. I buy the guidebooks for every area I climb, but often as not, it stays in the pack for reference only, and the MP app is my primary source of info.

Peter D Daniels · · Denver, CO · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 6

I second Andrew's post.  These tools are wonderful.  And appreciate the responsiveness, Nick.  I'm a database guy, BTW, if your team could use some help, PM me.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

iPhone & Android App Feedback
Post a Reply to "App functionality - comments and ratings"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started