Searching for Trad partner

Original Post
James Ker · · Nashville, TN · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

Howdy, I am looking for someone to climb some Trad with in Tennessee, I just got back from a climbing trip in St. George Utah. We were just sport climbing but seeing all the walls I couldn't climb for lack of trad gear and experience really made me want to learn how to climb trad. I have been climbing for about 6 years, mostly gym experience until I took a long break and re-evaluated my motivations for climbing ( from training for comps and striving to be strong, to seeking adventure and climbing just for the joy of climbing). Anyone looking for someone to follow them on some routes? I climb in the 10+ lead range, red point would be hard 11. Also looking for any tips on how to get started informing myself on trad technique, safety and procedures. I ultimately want to be able to climb moderate and fun multi pitch routes. Thanks!

P.s. I live in Nashville, down to drive wherever in Tennessee and elsewhere if its not too far.

Bryce Bentz · · Gatlinburg, TN · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 5

James,

I live in East Tennessee/ Knoxville area and do a lot of trad/sport climbing. Shoot me a Pm if you want to do some climbing this winter(weather permitting).

Bryce

Cory Furrow · · Blacksburg, VA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 25

I was in a similar situation not too long ago. I'm still learning Trad, but I recommend reading "Climbing Anchors" from John Long to understand the many principles.

I've found the combination of reading the Climbing Anchors book and having a mentor to be very educational for many reasons.

JCH · · Nashville · Joined Oct 2008 · Points: 110

Hey James, I live in Nashville as well. I climbed trad for years, and took a break. I am just getting back into it. Let me know if you are interested in climbing a few routes together.

Kane Brueggert · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

hey james or other guys here I climb trad I'm from Alabama and am always looking for more folks to climb with. I lead 5.6 - 9+ on trad. would like to climb with any of you. if you wanna get out there soon hit me up (256)558-9966

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply