Mountain Project Logo

Pittsburgh & West Virginia climbing

Original Post
Nick Nystrom · · Monroeville, PA · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 120

Anticipating warmer early-spring days, I'm looking for some new climbing buddies. My local partner needs to give a non-climbing injury time to heal fully, which is expected to take until at least May.

The main things I look for in a partner are enthusiasm and a positive attitude. Newer and experienced climbers are equally welcome. I'm safe and experienced, climb mostly trad and sport, and can supply ropes, rack, and/or draws.

Around here, I enjoy Seneca, the New, and the gym. (More broadly, I'm occasionally looking for partners for Red Rocks, the Sierra, and throughout the west.)

Send me a note if you might be interested!

Tom Thomas wrote:Hello Nick, I'm up for just about anything week days after 3PM and weekends. I have just a little experience in all major areas of rock, ice or mixed climbing even big-walls too. I'm up for climbing anywhere SWPA West Virginia North Carolina, CA etc. you get the point.. Let's make this happen.. Just give me a little notice when you will be free and let plan something. -Tom Thomas
PM sent
Eric T · · St. Augustine, FL · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 165

Yo man, I'm moving to WV in a few weeks and am ready to attack some rock! I'll be living 30 mins from from Franklin Gorge and hour from Seneca. My schedule is fairly flexible. Trad is my love but I'm down for anything. Hit me up!

Nikki S · · Cleveland, Ohio · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 0

It looks like the weather 2/17 - 2/20 is going to be decent, so I'm thinking about making the trip to the New (where I have climbed before) or Seneca (where I have not). While my first climbs were at the New, I've since done most of my climbing out West (J-Tree, Yosemite, ORG, etc.); moved back 4 years ago, but my partner and I are parting ways, so I'm looking for new climbing buddies. Patient and attentive belayer. Happy to lead; happy to follow.

Nikki S wrote:It looks like the weather 2/17 - 2/20 is going to be decent, so I'm thinking about making the trip to the New (where I have climbed before) or Seneca (where I have not). While my first climbs were at the New, I've since done most of my climbing out West (J-Tree, Yosemite, ORG, etc.); moved back 4 years ago, but my partner and I are parting ways, so I'm looking for new climbing buddies. Patient and attentive belayer. Happy to lead; happy to follow.
Sounds like a good fit; PM sent.
davidbr · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 190
Nick Nystrom wrote:Anticipating warmer early-spring days, I'm looking for some new climbing buddies. My local partner needs to give a non-climbing injury time to heal fully, which is expected to take until at least May. The main things I look for in a partner are enthusiasm and a positive attitude. Newer and experienced climbers are equally welcome. I'm safe and experienced, climb mostly trad and sport, and can supply ropes, rack, and/or draws. Around here, I enjoy Seneca, the New, and the gym. (More broadly, I'm occasionally looking for partners for Red Rocks, the Sierra, and throughout the west.) Send me a note if you might be interested!
What's your schedule like?
I am willing to go to The New or The Red as often as I can find a partner. I have a mix of weekdays and weekend days off.
davidbr wrote: What's your schedule like? I am willing to go to The New or The Red as often as I can find a partner. I have a mix of weekdays and weekend days off.
PM sent
Matt Bristol · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

Hey Nick,
I'd be interested in joining you on any trips to the New or Seneca. I've been to both once each. Most of my climbing experience is sport and trad in CA and NV. I can follow or lead. Send me a PM if you're interested!

Doug S · · W Pa · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 55

Hey Nick,
I'm from Indiana PA and I recently lost three good partners who've moved west. Seneca and the New are my regular favorites also. I'd describe myself as safe, proficient, and reliable. I'm good for leading or following, and I have all the gear. Weekends are best and almost always free for trips. I prefer local crags over the gym, and I don't mind driving an hour or so to do an afternoon of climbing if you're up for that.
I have some friends in North Carolina and we're already talking about the spring options there, so that's also an option if you're available to venture a little farther.

Jack Mullen · · Crested Butte, CO · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 0

Nick, if you (or anyone in this thread) are looking to go to The New or The Red next week (march 5-11ish) I just had a partner bail but still very much want to get out there. I'm up in Ohio at school but live in California so not wanting to buy a ticket home. I have gear and rope and usually lead 5.9 trad but will follow 10s and sometimes inch my way up 11s. Let me know if you're interested.

davidbr · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 190
Jack Mullen wrote:Nick, if you (or anyone in this thread) are looking to go to The New or The Red next week (march 5-11ish) I just had a partner bail but still very much want to get out there. I'm up in Ohio at school but live in California so not wanting to buy a ticket home. I have gear and rope and usually lead 5.9 trad but will follow 10s and sometimes inch my way up 11s. Let me know if you're interested.
Good climbing with you this week, Jack. Keep me in mind if you are looking for Red partners down the road.
Jack Mullen · · Crested Butte, CO · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 0
davidbr wrote: Good climbing with you this week, Jack. Keep me in mind if you are looking for Red partners down the road.
Will do and same to you. Also let me know if you're ever looking for a partner in SoCal in the summertime, we have plenty of offwidth for you!
Jared Suppo · · Phoenix, Airizona · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

Hey I'm from Pittsburgh and climb around the area, nrg, have all gear except trad I cclimb around 5.10I've been in need of more partners

Roman Fedorov · · Pittsburgh, PA · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Hey, I just moved to Pittsburgh and looking for people to climb with. Anybody is interesting in going to Sommersville Lake or NRG this weekend (or a closer place)? Or just doing a couple of top ropes in Ascend Wednesday or Thursday?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

North Eastern States Partners
Post a Reply to "Pittsburgh & West Virginia climbing"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started