Building a basement bouldering wall and looking for deals on t-nuts

Original Post
Kathie R · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 260

Hello guys!

We are building a home bouldering wall and we have the holds (about 600+) and are hoping to find deals on t-nuts. Any of idea on where to get deals on screw on bolts. We wouldn't mind getting standard 4 prongs but my husband is determined to get the sturdier screw ons. We are hoping to get around 2000 or a box at least 1000 pieces. Any tips on deals and where to get some in Colorado???

RobC2 Cotter · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 240

CD Fasteners in Fort Collins.

that guy named seb · · Britland · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 205

Highly reccomend screw in ones, we use the standard 4 prong ones at my work and they are a fucking pain in the ass.

Nathan Self · · Louisiana · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 90

+1 for screw-ons

I've had zero t-nut issues in about 10 years. All screw-ons. Tedious to install. More expensive. Maintenance free.

Kathie R · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 260

Thank you for the insight! My husband is set on screw ons. I agree it is quite expensive. The cheapest we found so far is .18c a piece and with 2000 pieces it is easily $350 plus the effort of screwing them on. The 4 prongs are about half that if not cheaper and also half the effort. I'm kind of torn between cost and time investment in installing, but my husband's the one doing most of the grunt work and he says screw ons are the way to go so who am I to complain!

Nick Parker · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

You can use the 4 prong type, and add screws to them. Use pan head screws, and place them right beside the T-Nut flange, so the head of the screw overlaps the flange. I've never had a problem with 4-prong T-Nuts that were installed this way.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply