Trad partner wanted in Yosemite

Original Post
Elliot Lozano · · Yosemite, CA · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 5

Hi, my name is Elliot and I'm working in the park this winter and looking for people to climb with. I have a few months of trad experience and a single rack of cams plus nuts and hexes. I've lead up to 10a, but looking to get a bunch of 5.7-5.9 under my belt, crashing and multi pitch. Send me a message if interested!

Ben Snow · · San Diego, Ca · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

I think I will be heading there Jan 1ish for a couple days. What do you recommend for camping right now? Im thinking outside the park at lower elevation would be a little more pleasant?

Sweet dude! I'm not sure what the weather will do, but if you have a warm bag (my 20deg mountain hardware with liner has been great into the teens) I would recommend just staying in camp 4 in the valley. It's cheap ($6 per day), centrally located, and historic. It'd probably be warmer at lower elevation, but I think you'd be looking at a 30min drive at the least, and sites for closer to $30 per night, plus the entrance fee everyday unless you buy a pass. Do you have any trad experience?

Rich zz · · california · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 0

is camp 4 all open? i'm down to climb. i need to get in shape again. hit me up. i'm free 24/7.

Camp 4 is open year round. I'd love to climb. Let me know if you're coming out:)

SRB25 · · Woodside, ca · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 0

Camp 4 is likely warmer than the pines campground but it's not too cold with a decent bag or ok bag and blankets. Can also do tent cabin if it's only for a couple nights. Provably $70ish dollars. FYI- entrance fee is good for 7 days in and out.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply