Hand Made Hangboard

Original Post
Travis Bieber · · Spearfish, SD · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 5

The goal of this post is to see if there is sufficient interest from locals in the area. I would like opinions from people in the area if they would purchase a handmade solid wood hangboard, rather then a mass-produced one? Prices would range from $45-75 depending on the size. These would not be cut by a computer so the boards have more character. Would you also be more willing to purchases local if you were able to personally design the layout of the board yourself?

Prototype Solid Wood hangboard.

Steve Pulver · · Williston, ND · Joined Dec 2003 · Points: 195

I don't understand wood hangboards, it doesn't seem like there would be enough friction. I might be interested if it were made out if limestone.

Steve Pulver · · Williston, ND · Joined Dec 2003 · Points: 195

Actually, let me change that, I would definitely be interested if it was limestone and had realistic pockets.

Danforth · · Cody, WY · Joined Sep 2007 · Points: 0

That's kind of the point. Less friction, makes your muscles work harder and saves your skin for climbing.

Neil and Cassidy · · Casper, wy · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 0
Steve Pulver wrote:I don't understand wood hangboards, it doesn't seem like there would be enough friction. I might be interested if it were made out if limestone.
You know what they say, if you don't understand something, the best thing to do is try and rip on it on the internet. Merry Christmas!
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply