Favorite v4s in Leavenworth

Original Post
Stanley Baker · · Seattle, WA · Joined May 2013 · Points: 20

Looking to get my first outside v4 this season so I was wondering what your favorite v4s are?

I spent a bit of time on The Real Thing in Forestland last time I was out there and seems doable for me so that will be one I'm trying out for sure. What other super fun v4s are there out there?

frankstoneline · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2009 · Points: 20

The real thing, the physical and the rib are the ones that come to mind the quickest!

Dan Cooksey · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 15

I don't know if its a 4 or five but I love me some arrested Development.

Connor Mullady · · Leavenworth, WA · Joined May 2015 · Points: 5

It's a 5, but footless traverse is a perfect project!

Matthew Tangeman · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2015 · Points: 25

Tigerlily! Straightforward moves, just hang on and enjoy some of the most unique rock in Leavy.

The Fridge is perfect for quick sessions/projing after work.

I also second Footless Traverse, while it is a 5, the holds are big and you can work any section of it from the ground since it is, well, a traverse.

Stanley Baker · · Seattle, WA · Joined May 2013 · Points: 20

I don't see Tigerlily on MP, I'm guessing it is in the leavenworth book?

bmxanddie · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 0

The fridge center is a great v4. It is the first area down the icicle on the right.

Skf · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 0

Definitely Fridge center, though to me it felt noticeably easier than The Real Thing. Maybe more my style. The Fridge arete (right side) is tricky but really fun and listed at V4+ on MP. The Pocket at Mad Meadows is also a cool climb that is a soft V4. On the other side, Arrested Development at Forestland is listed at V3 but as you can see in the comments can be topped out with a V4-5 variation. Scary either way, despite the perfect landing!

Have fun!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply