Recovery buddy?

Original Post
TK421 · · longmont, co · Joined Jun 2009 · Points: 0

Hiya.

I am about to undergo the knife once again and will again be starting the long road back to recovery and climbing. Just wondering if anyone one else is in the same boat as i (2 months crutches, 2 months in a boot, most likely a year before I am back to where I am now). And if so it would be fun to find someone to get psyched about recovery, training and putting in the hours it takes to get back at it. It's not the surgery that sucks and the climbing is awesome- it's just all the freaking hard work, training session and PT that you Must go through to get back at. Life would be so much easier if I were training for say, gardening or model train building. But alas, climbing seems to have captured my soul. Anyone down for some suffer -fest and mutual support. The more the merrier . Gotta keep the psyche high and the motivation going.

Thanks y'all

Alexander Stathis · · Athens, GA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 25
Ranivorous Troglodyte wrote:I'll be your recovery buddy. I sustained a horrible ankle fracture that will either severely impede my climbing ability or I may not be able to climb again. Dr. told me it's gonna take a couple raffle years multiple surgeries, missing bone missing cartilage, arthritis. One things for damn sure I will climb again! If you ever feel the need to talk I'm sure we would both benefit from the experience!
Shit man, and I thought I had it bad. Complex talar body fracture. They did surgery week ago, and I found out today that the external fixator comes off in two weeks. After that, no weight for up to another five weeks, and then recovery.

Here's a graphic picture of my ankle!
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply