Looking For Ice Climbing Partners in Southern and Central Idaho

Original Post
Michael McNutt · · Boise, Idaho · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 5

Hey all, as we continue to see temperature drops and delve deeper into winter, I am looking for partners that are interested in ice climbing/backcountry skiing. I have the gear required, and can lead WI 3.

As for backcountry, I have taken my Avy 1 cert, own avalanche recovery gear, and a splitboard. I can hop on just about anything, barring cliff hucking. The steepest descent I've done was McGowan N. Couloir. I currently live in the Boise area, and would love to ski with others in the Bogus Basin Backcountry as well.

Sadly, my days off are Wed. and Thursday, so I realize it is a long shot to try and find people that have coinciding days off.

Post a reply or message me so that we can get in touch if any of you fine folks are interested.

-Michael M.

Brandon McSparin · · Boise, Idaho · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 50

Hey there Michael! I am also a splitboarder with my avy 1 and I am just starting to get into ice climbing! I feel very comfortbale with anything WI3, I haven't had a chance to really get on anything steeper yet though.

I typically have either Wednesday or Thursday off, or at least one of the mornings believe it or not.

Spencer Roedel · · Boise, Idaho · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 0

In Boise until the second, down for anything
208-283-5475

Kevin F · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 5

I'm interested in meeting some local (or regional) ice climbers and backcountry skiers as well. Last summer I moved to Boise from Colorado.

I have ice climbing gear and a number of WI 3 leads under my belt.

I also have a backcountry ski set-up and avy gear.

Saturdays and Sundays are the best days for me to get out.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply