Joshua Tree:Barker Dam area Lost Belay glove

Original Post
julie.wang · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

Lost a single glove on 12/18/16 on the loop exiting Barker Dam around 4:30pm. (we were leaving gunsmoke) A couple hikers saw it, but when we went back looking for it, it had scurried off! Grey, fingerless, right handed patagonia glove with rubber on the palm. If you saw it, its partner is very lonely!

grog m aka Greg McKee · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 0

Please confess you are not serious

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 15

Unfortunately, I think she is.

SRB25 · · Woodside, ca · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 0

Not worse than the guy wanting his single bail biner back that had "sentimental value"

julie.wang · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

ouch...no love

Rich Welker · · Cardiff, Ca · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 110

A jaguar probably eat it. sorry.

corpse · · jtree area · Joined Jun 2006 · Points: 0

if your sole partner is your lost climbing glove, id be happy to climb with you.
btw, what happened with the fingers? lose them somewhere else?

Zachary k · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 25

That's not true Rich.. First we don't have jaguars in Jtree, second its more likely that a coyote found that trail trash and I promise you he did not eat it. Temps have dropped in the park so I'm sure he is wearing it and probably looking for the other one as well. If you are going to leave booty please be kind and leave it complete. Now there is a coyota with one glove running around the park. Thanks for that. ;)

Rich Welker · · Cardiff, Ca · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 110
Zachary k wrote:That's not true Rich.. First we don't have jaguars in Jtree, second its more likely that a coyote found that trail trash and I promise you he did not eat it. Temps have dropped in the park so I'm sure he is wearing it and probably looking for the other one as well. If you are going to leave booty please be kind and leave it complete. Now there is a coyota with one glove running around the park. Thanks for that. ;)
You"re clearly not a J Tree loc braaj. Jaguars come out of hibernation this time o year.
Drederek · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2004 · Points: 305

I heard there's a Bobcat hanging out under some rocks near Mental Physics, easily mistaken for a jaguar!

Zachary k · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 25

They are just feral cats that were released into the park by local animal control. Big on no kill at the shelter so they just release them into the wild. Many tourists confuse them with jaguars and Bob cats.

King Tut · · Citrus Heights · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 200

It was worth a try, Julie, despite boys being boys.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply