Potential relocation to Dillon, Co or Bellingham, WA

Original Post
wpfister Pfister · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 5

Hey folks I am seeking some advice from locals on life in Dillon, Co and Bellingham, WA. I have travelled through both and am familiar with the areas, Dillon more so than Bellingham. If relocating, I would be doing so from South Carolina, where I climb frequently at Looking Glass, Linville Gorge and Rumbling Bald. I am predominantly a trad climber, ice climber and occasional big wall climber, but am interested in feedback on all aspects of the cities and the surrounding climbing/outdoor areas. I have done some basic research into cost of living and it appears Dillon is significantly more expensive, with Bellingham having options for more affordable rent. My pay in either area would range from $40k-$45k a year, so thoughts on my ability to afford basic amenities in either area is appreciated as well. Thanks for any feedback in advance!

mark felber · · Wheat Ridge, CO · Joined Jul 2005 · Points: 28

Dillon would be a good place for backcountry skiing, resort skiing and ice climbing. The trad climbing in Summit County and nearby tends to be rather chossy, but Eldorado, South Platte and the rest of the Front Range are in day tripping distance.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply