Mountain Project Logo

Moes Valley Topos?

Original Post
RAZORsharp · · Carlsbad CA · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 730

Hello!

I will be headed out to Moe's late this month, and couldn't find much in the way of guide books or even topos! (MP is kinda scarce).

Any bright soul interested in perhaps emailing a few topos of the book if they have it?

I am looking for climbs in the v5-v12 range, as our small group has quite a diverse strength.

Cheers!

Rob T · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2006 · Points: 10

Desert rat will take care of you.

thedesertrat.net

Hi Rob,

Do you suggest buying a guide book from them?

Ryan Hill · · Oakland, CA · Joined Dec 2009 · Points: 30

Desert Rat should have the guide book available. If not, they'll definitely have beta for the area.

Last time I was there it was getting pretty popular, if you are a sensible fellow and not a dick to others you shouldn't have any issue having someone show you around once you get there.

Thanks for the info Ryan!

Awww, darn, Dick is my middle name ;)

Rob T · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2006 · Points: 10
RAZORsharp wrote:Hi Rob, Do you suggest buying a guide book from them?
Yep, they should have the stand alone as well as the most recent route guide that covers the boulders.
LindsayH · · Kingston, NY · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 55

There is no current guidebook in print for Moe's Valley bouldering. Rumor is that there is one that will be out in a few weeks, but it's been "in a few weeks" for the past year. The Desert Rat has a shop copy of the old book and they'll let you take pictures of every page. They're all super helpful there and will tell you just about everything you need to know about the area.

LindsayH -

Thank you for the reply! I look forward to the new book, and will happily support " The desert rat" when they do stock the new book!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply