Reimer's Ranch partner for 19-21 Dec - short notice!

Original Post
Zach Swanson · · Newton, MA · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 38

Short notice and a long shot, but I'm visiting family in Austin next week and a friend in the region had to bail on climbing with me at Reimer's Ranch. I'm going to be ~30 minutes from the ranch and I've got a couple days between 9-21 Dec (Sunday- Tuesday) to do some sport climbing out there. I'd be available most of the day to climb.

Is anyone interested in linking up? I'm an experienced climber, comfortable working anything in the 12a-12c range. Was hoping to check out some area classics like Lip-O-Suction. I'm coming in from the Boston area and would ideally like to only bring harness/shoes/belay and rely on a local for the rope and stick clip, so that I can reduce how much luggage I'm bringing.

I fly out Saturday morning so if you're up for it, let me know quickly!

Kirirotha · · Houston, TX · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 0

Post up on the Austin Climbing Group Facebook page. You may have better luck there.

Yah I've tried, it's invite only and the moderators have not responded to my request from over a week ago.

If you're in there would you mind maybe posting a link to this thread for me?

I've also been told to just show up and look for people there, but I don't really want to impose my presence on a group, and if I don't have a sure-thing then I'd rather not lug my gear down.

Christopher K. · · Summerlin, NV · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 170

I have a climbing friend down there that I could put you in touch with that I'm sure would go with you. If you're interested, DM me and I'll send you his contact info

Thanks, sent you a note with my info!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply