Mountain Project Logo

Recent ticks in area.

Original Post
jbak x · · tucson, az · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 4,672

Just like comments and photos, recent ticks should be selectable. Thx

M Cat · · Hell · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 1,562
jbak . wrote: Just like comments and photos, recent ticks should be selectable. Thx

Seeing the recent ticks in an area/route would be a super useful feature, help gain a sense of conditions.

Jay Eggleston · · Denver · Joined Feb 2003 · Points: 21,381

Click on “opinions” and you can see the ticks.

Jay Eggleston wrote: Click on “opinions” and you can see the ticks.

Yes this works for individual problems, but it would be nice to see all the ticks in the overall area, for example, at a crag with 20+ routes, for greater utility.

dragons · · New Paltz, NY · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 847

I'd like to be able to see all recent ticks in an area, too. On a map would be kind of cool too. Help to give people an idea where the rock is dry and climbable.

Jordan Katz · · Ohio · Joined Oct 2006 · Points: 1,878

Yep, +1

Eli Buzzell · · noco · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 5,507

I’m somewhat against a feature like this and think ticks fall into a semiprivate category that shouldn’t be easily searchable.

Eli Buzzell wrote: I’m somewhat against a feature like this and think ticks fall into a semiprivate category that shouldn’t be easily searchable.

But they aren’t private, you are recording them openly on your profile. Just use 8a if u need a score card. R u worried ppl will see you out at XYZ crag and start TR gang banging your proj? Discretion should be used will all dissemination of information on MP. That said, it could be a More useful tool.

chris blatchley · · woodinville, wa · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 6

this is convenient, i was thinking of raising this feature request, but apparently it's 4+ years old already.

+1 for this feature. to eli's point, maybe the option to make ticks private, like strava/trailforks does for rides would be a double benefit.

Can ticks be added as a category in the "New in Your Favorites"?  No need to be searchable, just make an option to display all recent ticks in an area, within say the last week (or month).
Ticks are far from private so I don't see how that's an issue - they are very much a public posting.  Just a matter of the ease/difficulty of coding the change IMO.

Greg Gavin · · SLC, UT · Joined Oct 2008 · Points: 888

How about optioning "make private" for ticks under your profile? Similar to strava allowing you to hide an activity from public view, but allowing you to upload for your own statistics. 

Eric Carlos · · Soddy Daisy, TN · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 121

It is tick season in the southeast, so I have certainly seen a few.

Just check your dog.  You'll find 'em all there...

Billcoe · · Pacific Northwet · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 930
Jordan Katz wrote: Just check your dog.  You'll find 'em all there...

LOL, was thinking of off the waistband area. Rather get them off the dog than off of me. 

Eli Buzzell · · noco · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 5,507
Meow sure would wrote:

But they aren’t private, you are recording them openly on your profile. Just use 8a if u need a score card. R u worried ppl will see you out at XYZ crag and start TR gang banging your proj? Discretion should be used will all dissemination of information on MP. That said, it could be a More useful tool.

I want people to see my radical spray when they click my profile, not be able to widely search where me and the boiz have been sending the sickest projects in the state.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Discuss MountainProject.com
Post a Reply to "Recent ticks in area."

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started