Mountain Project Logo

Summit Rainier

Original Post
aero8991 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

Hello, I'll be in the area in a few months and I am looking for partners to summit with in the coming 2017 climbing season (June/July/August). This will be my second attempt. I have experience with self arrest and some crevice training. I'm from new England and have done multiple winter summits on Mt. Washington. I'm also WFR certified and am avy 1. I will have transportation, pay for the park pass, and food.

Chris C · · Seattle, WA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 407

I'm always up for a good Rainier climb! Feel free to hit me up once the season rolls around.

I'm in no need to bum food off you either :)

Liam S. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

Hi! I am going to be a graduating college student this coming May, and will be in Seattle around July/August. I grew up in the Seattle area, and it has been my dream to climb Mt. Rainier. Although I do not have mountain climbing experience, I do have extensive outdoor camping/hiking/fishing experience in the Cascades, and am a division 1 swimmer in college so I have the endurance, physical capability, and determination to reach the summit.

Seeing that you two seem to have the technical experience, it would be a great opportunity if I could join you on this climb! I would be happy to chip in for transportation, parking pass, etc., and will bring plenty of food. I have done my research and know what gear I will need as well as what to expect on the climb.

Please let me know if I can join you! Thanks

Eileen Takeshita · · San Jose, CA · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 15

I wanna join!! I already hit ya guys up on the forum section!!!

thanks!
eileen
408-460-1326

Mark R · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65

Commenting here so I can find you guys in a few months.

Need to see how scheduling shakes out but I'm open to DC or any of the grade II routes. I'd also be up for touring in to a glacier camp.

I've been trying to fit in a climb for a couple of years now. Day hiked to Muir in the past, WFR, two CR & glacier travel courses, climb WI3-4, have all gear.

Shooting for late June/Early July depending on work.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest Partners
Post a Reply to "Summit Rainier "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started