Mountain Project Logo

New MP Header

Original Post
Tom Sherman · · Austin, TX · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 433

Am i the only one? It's too small.

I see you're going 'modern' (simplisitic) but this doesn't have it. the letters don't hold the space they're in strong enough, they're too small, I literally find myself aiming to hit them. Idk, I'm not a graphic designer, although aesthetically trained, and something's wrong.

Did someone feel that they had to use that font that way the info on the right hand side would be the same font and you're only using two types (1. for logos 2. for text)

Sorry to be an annoyance in transition times...

sorry apparently I wasn't clear,

The new MoutnainProject Header, containing the header links: "Route Guide, Partners, Forum, Photos, What's New, Journal", it's all too small and poorly designed. thanks

Mark Roth · · Boulder · Joined Jan 2008 · Points: 14,062

I think it's too big. But mine always looks like this.
Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
Tom Sherman wrote: Am i the only one? It's too small. I see you're going 'modern' (simplisitic) but this doesn't have it. the letters don't hold the space they're in strong enough, they're too small, I literally find myself aiming to hit them. Idk, I'm not a graphic designer, although aesthetically trained, and something's wrong. Did someone feel that they had to use that font that way the info on the right hand side would be the same font and you're only using two types (1. for logos 2. for text) Sorry to be an annoyance in transition times...
Too small? How? Is your browser zoom set to smaller than 0%? On what kind of device? Are you using the regular web site on a mobile device instead of the MP app?

Looks like about the same size as it was to me, and the typesize is 13px - a very typical size for web menus. The font is the very standard Arial, and there are only two fonts in the header.

Edit to add: after playing around a bit, it really looks like your browser zoom setting is the culprit. In Firefox, Ctrl-ins sets it to no zoom; ctrl-+ (control plus) increases zoom and ctrl-- (control minus) decreases zoom. There are similar commands in Chrome, IE, Edge, and Safari.

lol no, as I saved the pic it just downsized it

i'm critiquing the settings as you see them

Dustin Stotser · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2014 · Points: 371
Tom Sherman wrote:sorry apparently I wasn't clear, The new MoutnainProject Header, containing the header links: "Route Guide, Partners, Forum, Photos, What's New, Journal", it's all too small and poorly designed. thanks
You were plenty clear, I apparently misread in haste. Sorry about that.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Discuss MountainProject.com
Post a Reply to "New MP Header"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started