Stolen gear at the Gunks

Original Post
Zach Taylor 1 · · New York, NY · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 0

Hi all,

Today at the Gunks, someone stole me and my partner's bags. My bag was a bright blue and green 35L Patagonia Cragsmith and had a brand new pair of Scarpa Instinct VS (sized somewhere between 9.5-10.5) and a pair of beat up Dragons, along with various chalk bags. My partner's ratty old messenger bag had a brand new pair of Futuras (sized 38 he thinks) and several other pairs of shoes.

These were stolen right out of the Nears scenic overlook and were unattended for maybe three minutes while my partner took his dog to pee.

If you happen to see any of these things pop up for sale around New Paltz?NE in the next couple weeks, please let me know.

Thanks.

Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 2,755

Do you need a chalk bag? I can help.

Bill Kirby · · Baltimore Maryland · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 480
Gunkiemike wrote:Do you need a chalk bag? I can help.
You gave that chalk bag to me remember :)
Zach Taylor 1 · · New York, NY · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 0

Hey Gunkiemike, thanks for the offer. Thankfully though, I've somehow gathered quite the collection of chalkbags.

Ultimately I'm glad it happened to me and not someone else, as I have plenty of climbing shoes and am already too in love with the Gunks to let this affect me. Still a bummer though.

gblauer Blauer · · Wayne, PA · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 710

sorry to hear this. Were you parked in the parking lot at the overlook? Did the gear get stolen from your vehicle? Did you report it to the police? They did catch the last guy that was doing vehicle smash and grabs.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply