Mountain Project Logo

Registration required to climb at Pond, Atlantis and The Mine

Original Post
Dief · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2007 · Points: 0

Dear Climbers:

We love climbing at The Pond, Atlantis and the Mine area. They are favorites for most of us who climb in the Queen Creek area. These areas have been the private property of Resolution Mining Company and its predecessors since the 1960's or earlier. Climbing on this private property, The Pond, Atlantis, and parts of the Mine areas now requires that you register in order to gain legal access. This is an easy process. You can do this at: queencreekclimbing.com.

Registration does not mean that you endorse the Mine or Land Exchange. It is simply the way that climbers can access the private property without trespassing. This system was anticipated and agreed to under the Recreational Use License signed by the Access Fund covering the time period 2006 to 2011, and by Queen Creek Coalition’s current Recreational Use License with Resolution Copper that allows climbers on the private property.

Registration is an easy process where you go to the website, read a couple pages of information, and then sign an electronic form and waiver that you understand the rules that apply and that you agree to abide by them. You will receive an email in response from which you can download either an electronic copy or a hardcopy of your registration. It would be good for you to retain these and present them to the authorities on site if ever requested; however, it is also anticipated that the list of registrants will be stored by Queen Creek Coalition for any future verification.

This is a one-time and free process so once you are registered you are good to go.

You can read more about this process and the announcement at the Queen Creek Coalition website – theqcc.org or the Queen Creek Coalition’s Facebook page - facebook.com/Queen-Creek-Co…

The Queen Creek Coalition

Morgan Patterson · · NH · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 8,945

It would seem like a good thing for every climber to sign this as a showing of support for the climbing here... Even if you never intend to visit.

Phil Sakievich · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 131

Thanks for posting! Going to register asap. Commenting to bump.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico
Post a Reply to "Registration required to climb at Pond, Atlanti…"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.