Looking for some artwork (photography) for my house

Original Post
TTT · · Arvada, CO · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 15

So I'm looking for a high definition photo to hang over my couch in the living room. Something in the big screen TV size. I'm looking for a picture of a mountain, ideally one that would inspire, terrify, and make my palms sweat. Something I can stare at for hours. Not Everest!

I kind of dig some of the bigger walls in Pakistan, North Face of the Eiger (of course!), The Revelations and other massive faces in Alaska, Night Pictures, etc.

I'm not sure where to look, but would like to support local and/or climbers. Anyone have any suggestions or work of your own that I could look at?

Please note my art prowess is limited to: 'Macaroni Santa on Paper Plate'-85', and 'ceramic ashtray'-97, so I don't know anything about galleries or getting something printed.

Cheers,
Troy

chris_vultaggio · · The Gunks · Joined Dec 2008 · Points: 390

Hey Troy - I've got some mountain scenics on my site - print on everything from paper to canvas to plexi-mounted metallics, with and without frames. Www.chrisvultaggio.com

TTT · · Arvada, CO · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 15

Thanks Chris, I'll check your site out and shoot you a PM if interested.

Michael Schneider · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 85
chris_vultaggio wrote:Hey Troy - I've got some mountain scenics on my site - print on everything from paper to canvas to plexi-mounted metallics, with and without frames. Www.chrisvultaggio.com
Bump for this guy from Conneticut
Woodchuck ATC · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 550

You MUST contact Tamara Hastie...If she doesn't have a current pic available,,,she will take one just to suit your needs from mountains out west I'm sure. Located in Flagstaff, AZ, and has websites full of her photo works. You will be impressed.

James Witowsky · · Bend, OR · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 0

Check out Jeffery Murray's site. Hn is in Bend,OR Great mountain shots and of Smith Rock

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply