Pads on Oahu.

Original Post
David Henderson 1 · · Mililani,hi · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

I got 'em. $8 a day without me, free with me.

davidhousky · · Lake Forest, CA · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 9

Any interest in rope climbing?

Interested definitely. I don't know how to lead or lead belay though.

I'm guessing you don't have gear then (quickdraws, rope, PAS)? It's pretty easy for me to bring most of my gear, but the rope is tough. Might be able to make it happen though. I feel comfortable leading and could teach you how to lead belay safely with a gri-gri. I'm also down for a little bouldering, especially if it's lower level. I'm pretty inexperienced at outdoor bouldering - while I can do up to V5 inside, outside I pretty much stick to V0-V2.

I'll be in Oahu from the 27th to the 4th, what days do you think you'll be free?

I actually just got a gift card to start accumulating gear, so if you're dying to lead I can handle the rope. On the other hand, if you're not comfortable putting your life in the hands of an untrained stranger from the Internet, the bouldering here is pretty solid. We have some highball stuff on a beach or some lower-ball stuff elsewhere.

I'm free 28/28 and 2nd/3rd all day long so whatever works for those

I'll bring my gear other than rope and we can play it by ear. If one of us isn't feeling comfortable about rope climbing it's no big deal. So you're free the 28th, the 2nd and the 3rd?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply