Friends in Portland?

Original Post
Willis K · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 40

I just moved to Portland, ME, thanks to a thread here and help from many MPers. I don't know many people here - would any climbers like to grab coffee or a drink sometime? I'm 23, originally from Colorado, and would honestly just like to make some friends in the area.

Of course I'm always looking for partners too. Is anyone still going to Pawtuckaway this late? Shagg? Cathedral? I'll probably get a membership at Salt Pump, so if anyone wants to hit the gym, I'm up for that also.

Happy December to all.

Lanky · · Tired · Joined Jun 2008 · Points: 255

Parts of Pway are climbable all winter most years, and folks will most definitely still be traveling down. Shagg can be good all winter if you're lucky, though the approach is a bear in the snow. I bet you could find a willing partner at least until the first real storm.

Both gyms in town are good places to meet folks, and I don't think you'll have trouble making connections. If you're on F'book there's a Maine Climbers group that's worth joining as well.

I'd offer to get out bouldering with you, but my availability is virtually nil these days.

Willis K · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 40

Thanks for the info - still hoping to get outside one of these days, but it's getting pretty cold. Joined at Salt Pump though, so that's definitely a help. And that facebook group is excellent, thank you for the tip.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply