Mountain Project Logo

Ecuador: January 2017

Original Post
Owain Phillips · · Placitas, NM · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 0

Hello Folks,

Will be in Ecuador from January 2nd to the 14th and keen to get up a volcano or two. Experienced alpine climber with altitude experience, but don't want to pay for guide services on my own.

If keen, shoot me a message!

Cheers,

Owain

Tyler Lappetito · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 0

I'll be based out of Cuenca in January. I'm interested in El Altar and maybe Antizana or Chimborazo. PM me for more info.

Owain Phillips · · Placitas, NM · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 0

Tyler,

Awesome news. I'm super keen on anything; just having a hard time finding guides and not spending heaps and don't want to get on a climb with an average client and not summit because of that.

Not that I am a superb climber, but I have experience and looks like we have both spent time in Peru and Washington...nice.

Living Brazil now, and will be doing a trip to Peru and Ecuador with my wife and child. We will be staying with friends in Quito, and might have a line on a guide they have set up, but just want to do it with another climber.

I am really open, would just love to get up a peak.

I am thinking around the 9th, to allow me some time to acclimatize and get some day hikes in. Only thing is, I leave here on the 22nd, so I need to make these plans in the coming week so I can sort out what I need to take and whatnot.

Shoot me an email at owain.phillips@gmail.com to discuss further if keen.

Great to hear from you!

Cheers,

Owain

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "Ecuador: January 2017"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started