Mountain Project Logo

Thailand (Jan), Laos (March), China (April/May)

Original Post
Brendan Kirby · · Albany, New York · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

Hey, I'll be traveling in and out of Asia for a while between Jan - June 2017 and am looking for partners.

I'll have have a full sport rack, a rope, and, sleeping gear. I can currently lead sport up to 7a+/b.

My dates are looking like this:

Thailand (Chiang Mai): Jan 11th - 18th

Laos (Thakhek): March 1st - Apri 1st

China (Hong Kong): April 21st- 26th

China (Yangshuo): April 28th - May 28th

Give me a shout if you think you'll be in any of these areas between then or if you want to partner up and head elsewhere. I'll shoot you my FB info too.

Cheers,
Brendan

Steve Pulver · · Williston, ND · Joined Dec 2003 · Points: 460

Maybe. I was just trying to figure out a good climbing destination for the end of Feb to mid March, and was thinking about Laos. Have you been there before? I was a little worried about temps., Qty of routes, and how easy it would be to pick up partners.

I have friends who've been to Thakhek before and they've all told me it's amazing. They say the quality is some of the best if not the best in SE Asia.

Partners should be easy to find. The entire area is basically only climbers.
I'll be there 100% during March.

As for the weather... Well it'll probably be a bit hot and I'm planning on camping. I've been in contact with the "green climebers home" and they said March is a no problem time to come.

Finally, I have the guidebook too and can assure you there are tons of routes that are fully shaded all day or are shaded during either the am or pm hours.

Shoot me a pm if you want to get into any further contact!

-Brendan

Still Looking!

Steve Pulver · · Williston, ND · Joined Dec 2003 · Points: 460

Bought tickets. Arrive in Bangkok Feb 22, leave Mar 8. Planning to be at Green Climbers home 99% of that time if the climbing is good.

Miriam Saadati · · Cupertino, CA · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

Are you still in Chiang Mai the 11th - 18th? I might be in the area then too!

Hey Steve and Miriam, I'll be in Chiang Mai 100% during that time and should be arriving at Green Climbers home on March 2nd/3rd Steve. I'll be in touch to get out on some climbs with you two!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "Thailand (Jan), Laos (March), China (April/May)"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started