Mountain Project Logo

New MP logo

djh860 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 110

My guess is that male rock climbersnoutnumber female climbers by 2 to 1. Not sure why you chose a women. Is it because men are bad?

Gold Plated Rocket Pony · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 91

I get the overall theme across the different platforms. When they are all on the same view it makes sense although I assume the Powder Proj needs to be updated to a little skiing/snowboarding person?

mp logos

That said, I like the old logo better. These all have a very generic feel to them and will most likely always need the "Mountain Project", "Hiking Project", etc titles next to them for them to be recognized out in the wild.

Then again the site/content is awesome so wtf do I care what the logo is. You guys do great work!

t.farrell · · New York, NY · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 60

Lol y is she falling backward to her death?

Long Ranger · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 316

Why is the carabiner falling? What do you have against carabiner?

Don Ferris III · · Eldorado Springs · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 175

Why not just put the falling girl in a pile on the ground? Much more emotional that way. Yer gunna die.

tsherry · · Portland, OR · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 526

Not sure why the figure on the logo is falling. Going to echo that this would have been a good contest to put to the community.

The new logo looks like two people couldn't decide between having it be a Mountain (bc Mountain Project) or an overhanging sport climb (because sport climbing!). Just pick one and make it look good. This compromise *falls* flat.

EDIT to add quote from above

Kurt G. wrote:this honestly looks like a logo where no one could come to an agreement so everyone just "settled" for the generic, bland logo that no one was vehemently against. I get that it unifies all the other logos together but with powder project, why not a person skiing? if one can be unique, why cant they all?
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Mountain Project News
Post a Reply to "New MP logo"