Ice climbing in Telluride/Ouray

Original Post
Petenickmike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 0

Hello, I will be in the area (from UK) for 2 weeks over Christmas, anyone up for one or more days climbing in Ouray or Telluride? I'm happy to lead up to about WI4/5.. Peter

TTT · · Arvada, CO · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 15

I would be interested in going during the week, only lead about WI 3 but will follow harder.

Hi Troy, that's great, I am happy with any grade really, it's just nice to get out on some ice :-) I will message you nearer the time, I will be there from around 18th Dec to 30th Dec.. cheers Peter

jon bernhard · · grand junction, co · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 13

Peter-
If you need additional partners, hit me up.

I am free from Dec. 19-28 ish. I should be able to get discounted fees on rooms at Riverside inn.

Jon

Hi Jon, thanks for for responding, will contact you nearer the time to arrange something. Cheers
Peter

TTT · · Arvada, CO · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 15

Awesome Pete,

Actually looking to follow someone who is better than me on some classics, learn some more and maybe lead an easy pitch or two.

I have about 10 screws and 60m half ropes

Troy

Mike Wicker · · Durango, Colorado · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 5

I'm free most weekends and live in Durango (2 hours south of Ouray). I've mostly top roped but am comfortable on WI4+. Happy to TR and/or get more multi-pitch experience, whatever you feel like doing get a hold of me!

That's great Mike, will message you when I am there to arrange something..

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply