Looking for mentors near Boulder!

Original Post
Mason Stillman · · Boulder, CO · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

Seems like a lot of people are looking for mentors these days, myself included, and I think it's awesome there are people out there willing to pass on the love to new people.

I've been bouldering and gym climbing for a few years now, but was (finally) exposed to all the wonders of outdoor climbing and my head has been exploding for months now with fantasies of climbing big beautiful walls and high alpine routes. Only problem is I need friends and partners willing to teach me the skills to be safe while doing this.

I'm well aware of my tendency to bite off way more than I can chew, but I'd love to spend all year becoming as proficient as possible in trad, ice, and alpine climbs. I want to get out and explore and experience nature in ways I've never been able to before. I've been hiking and skiing all my life, and I see this as the next big progression.

If you would be willing to mentor me in any or all of these new skills, I would be so incredibly grateful. I promise I'm not a jerk, I'm dedicated, and I pick things up quickly. Shoot me a pm if you're interested, thanks!

Eric Klammer · · Boulder, CO · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 1,430

Hey man, I'll climb with ya! Should be back in Boulder in a week or so and down to ski and climb ice/alpine/rock throughout the winter.

-Eric (918) 527-2706

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply