A2 sore for the last week

Original Post
wisam · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 60

Been getting mild pain near the A2 in my left pointer finger the last week or so. Not linked to any particular incident. Wouldn't really call it pain, but a mild discomfort when straightening the finger out or bending it to a crimp position. Only notice at at the edges of full range of motion ex. fully straight and fully crimped. not really noticeable while climbing, but more of an issue after a day of climbing.

It's pretty mild and only have noticed for the last week or so, so not ready to schedule an appointment or anything, just want to see if anyone has experienced anything similar? I know A2 injuries are common, but it doesn't really hurt when crimping or anything, although it does seem to be a bit more irritated afterwords if I do a lot of crimping.

Obviously I will take it easy on that for a few weeks and see what happens, but wondering if anyone has any guesses beyond that? Lots of info on A2 injuries on the web, but this seems a bit different in that it is totally pain free while climbing and only mildly annoying after I am done, Obviously want to keep it from getting worse.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply