Left carabiner @ Crystal Wall, Poudre Canyon.

Original Post
Z Thomas · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

My friends and I had to bail, and left a carabiner on the 3rd bolt of the Ballet of the Bulge. If you find it, please pm me or leave a message. Thank you!

SRB25 · · Woodside, ca · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 5

Z I found your biner. A 3 pack of beer and shipping should do it. You're welcome.

With all due respect, we left only a few hours ago when it was dark. Unless you were night climbing, you don't have it. The carabiner has some sentimental value, so I would like to get it back if I could... but it's not worth a 3 pack of beer and shipping charges.

Thanks anyways.

Brendan Armesy · · Fort Collins CO · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 85

booty booty booty booty booty

I remember my first carabiner...:-P

Carry a bail biner and you won't have to leave the eirlooms. I hope you get it back.

climberish · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 10
Z Thomas wrote:With all due respect, we left only a few hours ago when it was dark. Unless you were night climbing, you don't have it. The carabiner has some sentimental value, so I would like to get it back if I could... but it's not worth a 3 pack of beer and shipping charges. Thanks anyways.
-Honestly, its a biner that you decided to sacrifice to get a draw off. You made the decision to leave the biner instead of the draw because the monetary value of the draw was greater than the sentimental value of the biner. Or you could have used the biner off of the draw and lowered while still retaining the other draw biner and the dog-bone.. then then gone to REI and replaced the missing biner for like $4.
Buff Johnson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2005 · Points: 1,145

Aaaaaaarrrrrrr matey.

What did the alpinist say to the sport climber?? Plun'dAAAARRRRR!!

Climberish: that's exactly what I thought but felt the explanation fairly obvious. Why didn't he do this. Seems simple.

Buff: hilarious.

Stiles · · the Mountains · Joined May 2003 · Points: 840

A half empty six pack is a great trade for recovering a cherished item behind. A half full six pack, on the other hand, is asking quite a lot.
I thought gear I left while bailing was up for grabs?

BigCountry · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2012 · Points: 20

Once you leave it and walk away it become "not yours" so you know in the future not to even ask. Seriously leaving gear and expecting it back? Weak sauce

Thanks Climberish, I didn't think about that at the time, but I will definitely remember that for future events.

Anyways, I'm going back later this week. If it's still there then great, if not then oh well. Thanks for the comments everyone, cheers!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply