Mountain Project Logo

Who wants to go to Red Rock for Thanksgiving!

Original Post
David Wieder · · Salt Lake, UT · Joined May 2014 · Points: 63

Hello everyone,

I was supposed to be working over Thanksgiving but that got cancelled last minute and I've been left with no Thanksgiving plans. Obvious solution though, go to Red Rock! I just need to find a partner....

You can call or text me at 505 231 5031. I'm in Sandy, thinking of leaving here late Tuesday morning. No definite plans yet for the week after Thanksgiving but I can come back if you need to/we're driving together.

I've spent about 3 weeks at RR in the past. I like to lead 5.7-5.8 trad, but I'm happy to follow anything I can get up (10's). Usually onsite around 10b sport. Would love to get on some multipitch, maybe Crimson Chrysalis if we can get up early enough to beat the crowd. A friend just recommended Sour Mash. I've got a rope and a double rack, I will cook excellent food for you if we camp together, and I'm generally an easy going/low pressure climbing partner.

JK- · · SLC · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 58

I'm planning to be down there a week from today for the whole day at angel food wall. Somewhere between 2-5 of us. The nice thing about angel food is it as close to multipitch cragging as you can get. Half a dozen or so 800ft+ routes within a couple hundred yards. I'm sure if you were to show up Saturday we could get into a climbing party.

David Wieder · · Salt Lake, UT · Joined May 2014 · Points: 63

Thanks JK, I will definitely keep that on my radar.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply