Joshua Tree getaway: novice seeking parnter anytime b/w 11/29 - 12/9, got car and pads

Original Post
Kosty Maleyev · · Seattle, WA · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

Hi all, I'm Kosty. Just signed up on this website..

Here's the offer: bouldering in Joshua Tree, CA for 2-3 days of your choice at some point between 11/29 and 12/9. I have an SUV rented and will cover the gas, campground fees and crashpads too. Nice, huh?

More than that, SEA - LAX tickets are dirt cheap right now. I can see $77 roundtrips on certain dates right after thanksgiving!

Why all the generosity? I don't have any outdoor bouldering experience and looking for a bit of guidance from someone more seasoned (but not too seasoned that my skills induce eyerolls). Ok, I know that sounds bad, BUT: I've been climbingg indoors regularly for almost 2 years now (V4-V5 grades at sbp) and have some rudimentary experience with ropes/belaying too - so pretty novice but not retarded. Obviously there is no excuse for not having any friends who are serious climbers after leaving in PNW for 3+ years, but i suppose there's a reason why the 'partners' forum exists and there's a first time for everything.

So hopefully it this point you're just as pumped about the idea. Please text me and we can grab a coffee to introduce ourselves. We can plan the details of the trip then.

Looking forward to hear from you.

(40-one) 215-82-two-seven

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply