Mountain Project Logo

Portland Place to Rent

Original Post
Aaron Cannistra · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 85

I just moved to Portland and am looking for a place to rent. Move in date would be soon as possible or when something comes available.

What I’m looking for:
Room to rent, basement, studio or 1 bedroom apartment.

About me:
- 34 yrs old
- No pets
- No kids
- Non-smoker
- Omnivore
- Not a neat freak but pretty clean
- Plan to find job in the area after a couple months of much needed travel and time off
- Trad climber having climbed a bunch in Yosemite and Tuolumne

I’m coming from the Bay Area and excited to get into the rock climbing, skiing and mountaineering in the area. I’ll probably be traveling a fair amount in the next couple months to get on some rock where it’s drier (I hear it rains here from time to time) and other adventures (ice climbing). I’m currently living with my girlfriend in the area, but looking to get my own place before she gets sick of me (haha).

Even if you don’t know a place, any kind of help such as potential climbing partners would be appreciated getting settled in this area! Currently haven’t had much luck with Craiglist, so any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron

Mike Brady · · Van Diesel, OR · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 681

Did you post a wanted ad at the circuit, pg and prg yet? I always see postings at the circuit so I assume it is useful.

Good luck.

Devon Brown · · Portland, OR · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

Hey,cant help you with the room but I'm also taking some much needed time off and looking for climbing partners during the weekdays. I'm not the strongest climber but can show you around a couple spots.

27, female, highest I've lead is 5.9, lemme know!

-Devon

Aaron Cannistra · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 85

Thanks for everyones feedback. Devon or anyone else feel free to message me if you want to climb.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply