Ice partner for thanksgiving. Cody beartooths hyalite

Original Post
William Rhyne · · Casper, Wyoming · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 5

Hey folks, I have a four day weekend off work and Im trying to get out on some ice or mixed routes. Any takers?

Neil and Cassidy · · Casper, wy · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 0

How about Sinks, or plugging some gear on the tower?

I'll go climb sinks with you if you give me Cassidy!

Keatan · · Bozeman, MT · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 0

Hey Will, I just sent you a PM

Chiatt · · Bozeman, Mt · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 15

I'm in Bozeman and have a similar schedule. Give me a shout about which days and which routes.

-Chad

Keaton, Anything in around the Bitterroot yet? I have a friend in Missoula I want to drag out onto ice this weekend.

Looking at pine creek, east/wext rosebud, Beehive, Hyalite, Cody, but Im unsure on stability of development. Anyword on formed lines?

There are only a few routes in right now. I think this next week of colder temps should bring in a lot more. Right now, the main ice is in the Beartooths and at the Sphinx. I'm not sure about Cody or Bitterroots.

Chiatt wrote:Keaton, Anything in around the Bitterroot yet? I have a friend in Missoula I want to drag out onto ice this weekend.
I highly doubt it. Most of the Bitterroot ice is south-facing and low elevation. The ice in the Missions usually comes in first, but I doubt there is anything up there either. It's been real warm lately.

Thanks for the update. I haven't climbed in either of those ranges. Is there a good source for conditions online?

There is a Facebook page, Missoula Climbing Community. That will have occasional updates, but generally there isn't much info out there because there just aren't a whole lot of ice climbers in the area.

So mixed routing?

Xam · · Boulder, Co · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 8

I just wanted to chime in that I was hoping to dust off the tools and head north from colorado sunday through friday if there is any inkling of ice. I am interested in Cody, Cooke City, Pine Creek, Hyalite, etc and might be based around Billings. Happy to just take my tools for a walk if there are rumblings of high country ice. Pretty moderate climber but happy to belay those who want to try hard. Keep me in mind! -Max

Kent Kraemer · · Missoula, MT · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

Howdy all,

I posted a pic of Ice Dragons in the other Beartooth thread.
Get it!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply