Mountain Project Logo

Positive, Uplifting Climbing

Original Post
Kurt G · · Monticello, UT · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 156

Hi MP,

So in light of everything that has been going on lately I've been getting down in the dumps reading a lot of the threads lately. I don't want to get into all the negativity of what I've been seeing (it's not just political) but I feel like it's been worse than normal lately.
Having said that I would like to try and interject some general positivity into the climbing community.
I want to dedicate this thread to all things climbing that are positive, meaningful, and focus on building a climbing community that welcomed me in when I was a gumby.
I'm hoping people will share stories of what got them into climbing, times other climbers were helpful or positive towards you or someone else, beautiful climbing pictures, or anything else that can help put some positive energy back into the climbing community.
As for myself, I originally got into climbing for something to do in the winter time since I hate the cold and didn't want to go outside hiking. So I tried gym climbing and was absolutely hooked. After a few years in the gym I worked my way outside to sport climbing. Then about 2 years ago, thanks to the urging of a friend, I made the jump to trad. It's been a long journey but I'm so thankful to have climbing in my life, it's truly filled a void for me.

I'm sure there will be haters posting what they will on here. While I would prefer this be only positive comments I can't stop anyone from sharing their opinion. I'm just trying to rise above all the negativity right now and I'm hoping people will join in.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Positive, Uplifting Climbing"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started