Mountain Project Logo

Post Election Climbing

JNE · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 1,940
cragmantoo wrote: Was intended as a mockery of Hillary, not as a personal jab at you. Sorry if it came across that way.
If I wrote somewthing that ignorant and racist, then deleted it right away, only to find out someone had already quoted it, I too would attempt to backpedal, faster than the speed of light!
cragmantoo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 175
JNE wrote: If I wrote somewthing that ignorant and racist, then deleted it right away, only to find out someone had already quoted it, I too would attempt to backpedal, faster than the speed of light!
Deleted it because I thought it would be taken wrong. Was only making fun of HRC, not you.
Not a racist...
cragmantoo wrote: Deleted it because I thought it would be taken wrong. Was only making fun of HRC, not you. Not a racist...
I accept your apology. I am leaving the above up for its instructive nature: freemasons believe that objects and experiential phenomena in general are entirely subjective, entirely observer dependent (and independent of any other observers), and therefore whatever they do or say can mean whatever they want it to. In short, they have confused themselves with Gods. Thus they can socially attack others without having attacked them, and hold certain beliefs close to their heart without actually believing those things. This is typically accomplished by making the attacks vague enough that it could be interpreted as something besides an attack, a strategy called "plausible deniability". Seriously, knock it the fuck off.
BigFeet · · Texas · Joined May 2014 · Points: 385
Joe Memory wrote: I didn't say that it was impossible for a white person to perceive racism. My point is that it is easier for the people actually experiencing it to know when it is happening,
So, once again, only certain people experience racism? Asinine.

People, of all colors, experience this "racism" everyday. Maybe it has been too subtle for your eyes and ears.

Joe, I'm not trying to be a hard ass, promise. I would just like the idea of the word's meaning to be all inclusive, as the definition is not particular on color. Whites, at least in today's world, see quite a bit of it themselves.
Andy Novak · · Golden, Co · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 370
Rich Brereton wrote:Your words here have more than proved Alex right for being scared of America in the age of Trump. Have some common decency.
Exactly. After reading this thread, I'm more scared for Alex than I was before, and I was pretty scared. You people that think he's being a "weenie" need to look in the mirror. And then punch yourself in the balls.
Clifton Santiago · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 0
JNE wrote: I accept your apology. I am leaving the above up for its instructive nature: freemasons believe that objects and experiential phenomena in general are entirely subjective, entirely observer dependent (and independent of any other observers), and therefore whatever they do or say can mean whatever they want it to. In short, they have confused themselves with Gods. Thus they can socially attack others without having attacked them, and hold certain beliefs close to their heart without actually believing those things. This is typically accomplished by making the attacks vague enough that it could be interpreted as something besides an attack, a strategy called "plausible deniability". Seriously, knock it the fuck off.

I believe you believe what belief is, believe me.
Clifton Santiago · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 0
Andy Novak wrote: Exactly. After reading this thread, I'm more scared for Alex than I was before, and I was pretty scared. You people that think he's being a "weenie" need to look in the mirror. And then punch yourself in the balls.
What are you scared of, specifically?
Eric Carlos · · Chattanooga, TN · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 40
Joe Memory wrote: I genuinely don't understand how you can argue against listening to people who say they are experiencing racism. What's asinine about listening?
What is asinine is saying a white person can't be the recipient of racism.
City Dweller · · New York, NY · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 10
JNE wrote: Seriously, knock it the fuck off.
If you can't get a job my guess is it's because you spend so much time with you're nose buried in the bowels of alt-right global conspiracy theories. Imagine how much harder that'd be if you were black. Black folks, you're right, ended up here as a result of illegitimate global laws. But it's the domestic ones that maintain the status quo and your privilege. Your boy kicked the establishment in its teeth and all the white sheets are banging their pots and pans. But we know where this is all heading, in fits and starts, two steps forward and one step back, and we'll be there soon enough. The beautiful struggle continues. The arc of the moral universe is a long one. Y'all just baptized a whole new generation of social justice activists. Get ready.

;)

BTW, all that "Natural Law" stuff makes you sound like a Nazi. That's probably why you get called one. Carry on.
christopher burton · · Bend, OR · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 5
JNE wrote:just got vociferously rejected by America.
Not sure if your definition of vociferous is different than mine, but he did not win the popular vote. A majority of America did not vote for him.
Jackson. · · Flagstaff AZ · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 20
m.democracynow.org/stories/…
The OPs fears are real and being documented.
City Dweller wrote: BTW, all that "Natural Law" stuff makes you sound like a Nazi. That's probably why you get called one. Carry on.
So, I guess the Greeks, Romans, British, and yes, our own Constitution didn't and doesn't prescribe a lot to "natural law"? Interesting view point you have there. I can only assume then... Nazis have been around a lot longer than we thought.

Funny, the idea of "natural law" is what helped bring about civilization and the world in which you live in.

Some people (your Nazis) bastardized ideas and the nature of human character to suit their needs - it appears to still be ongoing.

Brush up on your Constitution, please.
christopher burton wrote: Not sure if your definition of vociferous is different than mine, but he did not win the popular vote. A majority of America did not vote for him.
I grant you have a fair critique. However, I would argue that the strong media bias introduced in favor of HRC (the vast majority of the news stories on HRC's e-mails, including Comey's reviews and retractions, was intended to present this great threat, then mis-characterize and subsequently "defeat" it, and this was how every legitimate critique of HRC was handled; 90%+ of the coverage of Trump was either negative or at least intended as negative, as they never seemed to pick up on the fact that Trump was a characterization of both parties idea of leadership; nearly all of the polling assumed someone in favor of the status quo was the only plausible candidate, and many purposefully excluded the fact that a record number of voters registered as "unaffiliated" specifically because they are tired of the status quo, and thus these pollsters gave a referencew for the media to attempt to pervert the plainly obvious truth; HRC had so much more financial support that her spread on this one is beyond nightmarish, i.e. she should have won with something like a 60%, 70% or even 80% majority, as apparently expected and talked about in the media), in addition to her supporters willful (and willed onto the people in their lives) ignorance of all the above in parenthesis, means that one needs to scrub the bias off of that sample. When one does this, one comes away with the idea that HRC got her clock cleaned, as at least some analysts have decided.
Joe Memory · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0
BigFeet wrote: Whites, at least in today's world, see quite a bit of it themselves.
In your experience, as a white person climbing in the United States, have you ever felt like the victim of a racist transgression?
Joe Memory wrote: In your experience, as a white person climbing in the United States, have you ever felt like the victim of a racist transgression?
Not while climbing. In other aspects of living life, absolutely. The correct response to this type of situation, as described earlier, is to mock and ridicule those, and not to entertain.

I'm surprised this is even a question, but I'm assuming this question is a lead on trying to direct a certain response.
Joe Memory wrote: In your experience, as a white person climbing in the United States, have you ever felt like the victim of a racist transgression?
Just wow again. If we define racism as negative judgement of ones character, intentions, or general disposition, primarily as a result of their skin tone or other physically obvious genetic characteristics (i.e. factors outside of their control), then absolutely, and I imagine most white males making less then $30,000/year can relate, as can most people in this financial category.

Some examples would include:

-going to a predominantly white climbing area and then posting on the internet about all the racism that was apparently felt at these places merely by virtue of the election circumstances and that mostly white people were present, and subsequently getting defensive when taken to task on the painfully obvious racist assumptions contained within this free-will action.

-defending the above racially offensive behavior on the very thread this person started.

-saying someone is "violent" and or "threatening" simply because they often focus intently on whatever task is at hand. This happens to people of every color, with many diverse examples of behavior, about which the truth is perverted by virtue of the individuals shared genetic characteristics with other people who hold some feared beliefs or ideas.

-saying someone should be held to an increasingly higher academic standard simply by virtue of a combination of their parents social status and personal genetic characteristics.
Stephen C · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

OP, it sounds like you're worried about something that hasn't happened. I understand the concern, but why don't you give people a chance and just continue climbing anywhere you wish?

Joe Memory · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0
JNE wrote: -going to a predominantly white climbing area and then posting on the internet about all the racism that was apparently felt at these places merely by virtue of the election circumstances and that mostly white people were present, and subsequently getting defensive when taken to task on the painfully obvious racist assumptions contained within this free-will action. .
Are you saying that this thread is racist against you as a white person? I'm confused about what you're saying here. Who is making the "painfully obvious racist assumptions?"
JSlack · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 155
Joe Memory wrote: Are you saying that this thread is racist against you as a white person? I'm confused...
No, this thread is an example of general racism toward whites. It is an attempt to legitimize the assumption that in todays America non-whites are automatically granted the right to project violent and otherwise negative attitudes onto whites, particularly white males. It does it subversively and indirectly, and thus this racist undercurrent is "plausibly deniable", as it is never stated explicitly, i.e. the OP did NOT start out the thread with something like "we all know white males are more racist than a frog is slimy", they just couched the entire thread within the reality where this is apparently some plainly obvious truth.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Post Election Climbing"
in the Community Forum