Looking for climbing partners

Original Post
Joe Castellano · · Boulder · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 30

I'm looking for climbing partners for Fridays and alternate Sat/Sun (due to my schedule). Climbing in Eldo and simul climbing flatirons (ideally more than one in a day) are the two main forms of partnering I'm interested in for the winter. This is part of building up to objectives for summer alpine climbing (Grade III-V) and in general interested in having fun, being safe. More interested in climbing classic lines than projecting at my limit.

I lead 5.9 trad and have guided (fully led 5.8+ III) and can follow 10 b/c. I am AMGA SPI Certified and First Aid and Wilderness First Aid trained and do plan to take my rock guide course. Climbing harder sport routes is also fun and I'm up for it, outdoors or in.

It's you are stronger and/or more experienced and looking for a competent second that can work, it's also fine if you're newer and would benefit some mentoring; in either case please be realistic in your own skills assessment. If taking huge whippers on shaky gear is a regular thing for you we are not going to be the best match.

FYI: for simul climbing I'm looking for partners who would be comfortable soloing the flatirons, but are making a choice to minimize the fall off the mountain scenario. Smooth transitions, light and quick travel, good communication, etc...

If the schedule and general approach to climbing for the winter sounds inline with your goals please shoot me a message and let's work out the details.

Russ Moore · · Arvada, CO · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 0

PM sent

Matt Martin · · Littleton · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 0

PM sent.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply