Trapped man at Keyhole Canyon??

Original Post
Thomas Beck · · Las Vegas, Nevada · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 1,040

Any update on this?

http://www.reviewjournal.com/local/las-vegas/workers-attempting-free-man-trapped-keyhole-canyon-near-las-vegas

BigB · · Red Rock, NV · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 340

Wow! I was out there til 4:30 yesterday and didn't hear or see anything. Even on the long dirt road out and then the 95, I didn't see or pass any em. vehicles headed that way. :( hopefully everyone(he) was ok...

Leslie McG · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 410

I was one of the last to leave last night and didnt see a soul come in; had to have been 5:30 or so when I finally got to 95. I hope this turns out well!

DesertDan · · Arvada, Co · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 2,918

This was a group of canyoneers, some friends spoke with them and were there when they called 911. Their rope got stuck when they pulled it after rappelling the Third Waterfall (the 2nd rappel from the top). The leader of the group, which was comprised of mostly inexperienced people, Batmanned up the rope to free it. At around 40' up the rope suddenly gave way and he fell, bouncing on the way down and braking his pelvis. Of the group of six, four hiked out for help and the daughter of the injured man stayed with him. Friend Dustin ran up the canyon right away but fortunately Search and Rescue was already on sight. They had to hall the injured guy back up the waterfall to where the canyon was wide enough for the helicopter to get a pick. And, in a baffling move, the four that hiked out to call for help drove off right afterwards.

BigB · · Red Rock, NV · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 340

Thanks for the update Dan, it was nice meeting you out there!
Glad he's ok(other than the fracture), they did seem inexperienced when dusty rusty and I talked to them(I think it was a MeetUp group).
Weird the rest of the group bounced, but maybe they weren't friends and figured that SAR was there and there was no need for them?!?....

Btw: do you have Joel's(the one doing aid) ph#?, if so can you dm it to me.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply