Arcteryx Ski Boot

Original Post
RangerJ · · Denver, CO · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 65

http://www.arcteryx.com/LearnMore.aspx?country=us&language=en&article=Procline&intcmp=home_primary_c1_Learn_Procline

Interesting...

Ryan Hamilton · · Orem · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 20

I saw them at Outdoor Retailer last Winter. Look pretty rad. Some cool innovation. Only time will tell if it pans out.

Doug Hutchinson · · Seattle, WA · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 95

Super impressed with the Proclines. Just finished my third day on them today and they climb/skin better than any boot that I have owned and I am very impressed how well they ski. Really nicely designed and built. Can't wait to try ice climbing.

Nick Drake · · Newcastle, WA · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 483

Dave I have only tried on the dead bird in store, but it did have more range of motion than my tlt6. It may be a better climbing boot than the 5

Ty Falk · · Park City, UT · Joined Nov 2011 · Points: 270

^ I have tried them on aswell and do not think they have more range of motion in walk mode than the tlt6's. I do think the tlts seam like they would ski better and climb about the same. I am sticking with the tlt6's. 7's Sean nice but lack a spot for bail style crampon in the front, are shorter and are only sold to a certain few store in the carbon model. Still think the tlt is hard to beat for an a/t boot that climbs and skis well for its weight.

Doug Hutchinson · · Seattle, WA · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 95

I have only tried to put my feet in the TLT5 once (too narrow) have only skied the TLT6 once a few years so I am not qualified to compare ski performance. But, the Proclines felt they had more fore/aft range of motion, definitely more side to side ROM (easier win, no other ski boot has it) and doesn't have the stupid upper cuff-lean/lock one buckle combo of the TLTs so you can snug up the upper cuff while climbing without sacrificing ROM. I am pretty biased but I think the Proclines will prove to be tops in the ski boot climbing category. Time will tell how they rank as a ski boot.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply