Black Diamond BDV hoody?

Original Post
cmqr9001 Black · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0

Anyone have any experience with the Black Diamond BDV hoody? Pros? Cons? I know it's an older product that isn't made anymore but REI garage has them on sale for 50% off so I thought I'd pick one up to try it out. What are your experiences with it? Thanks!

Gavin W · · Surrey, BC · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 23

I have one and love it. Super durable, and cuts the wind while still being breathable. If I'm doing alpine multipitch I'll leave it on all day, and throw a puffy over top of it for extra warmth at the belays if I need it. A little burlier than the Alpine Start, but good for everything but really hot days (when a t-shirt would be sufficient).
I imagine BD will be offering a similar product soon, it looks like they're just moving away from Schoeller-branded fabrics.

Also, if you're size M, gearx.com/black-diamond-b-d...

slim · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2004 · Points: 930

man, thanks for the heads up. i just grabbed one. i have a couple of the old BDV alpine pullovers, and i think they are the best ever made. i literally wear one every time i go climbing. i have always wanted a hooded version. i am a little curious about how the elastic cuff thing will hold up, but hopefully that is a minor issue.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply