orthopedic docs in so cal

Original Post
amockalypsenow · · San Diego · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 685

hey all

my wifey needs some shoulder work thanks to a climbing injury... any recommendations?

thanks,

cam

Guy Keesee · · Moorpark, CA · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 310

I wish I could have gone here.... but insurance sent me to a local dude.

I have known several who went to ELAttrache .... one of my friends had a shoulder that was so bad from football injury he had been "given up on" by many doctors. These guys fixed him.

kerlan-jobe.org/Physicians/...

Good luck to your wife.

Matt Himmelstein · · Orange, California · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 115

I have a guy I like in Orange County.

Dr. Shepard at the Orthopedic Specialty Institute.
OSI

Cool, thanks. :)

Fat Dad · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 60

Kerlan-Jobe rebuilt my knee after some other ortho failed miserably. 30 yrs. later it's holding up nicely. They work on the Lakers, the Dodgers, the Kings, etc.

George Wu · · Newport Beach, CA · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 76

When I tore my MCL, I got a lot of recommendations for orthos at Newport Orthopedic Institute here in Orange County. I picked Dr. Petrie based on a bunch of my neighbors recommending him, and thought he was great. But Gazzaniga, Mikulic, Weinstein, and Rose out of the same practice all also got recommendations.

I ended up only needing physical therapy, so I can't personally speak to Petrie's skills as a surgeon. He did go to bat for me when UnitedHealthcare halted my physical therapy halfway through the treatment for their standard review for medical need. Took them two weeks, and apparently they do that for every patient in PT. Doctor and physical therapist were unanimous in continuing, but UnitedHealthcare still had to halt treatment while they engaged in their paper chase. What a crock of shit.

Anyways, wishing all of you a full and speedy recovery.

Russ Walling · · www.FishProducts.com · Joined Oct 2004 · Points: 3,175

Kerlan_Jobe for me too... a few times. Go there.

Appreciating all of the tips very much... Thank you!

Ps, Russ, I've got your fist chalk bag, it is the dogs bollocks mate, only decent one I've ever seen for my banana hands.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply