Mountain Project Logo

south mountain bouldering The Amphitheatre this saturday November 5

Original Post
Jonathan cun · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 5

Hello,

I've been climbing indoors about 3 years and now finally wanting to get outside. Anyone care to show me around and climb south mountain this Saturday Nov 5? Wanted to try and see how well I'd do on the 3.5 star elephant tree.

Jonathan

Anyone been to south mountain for bouldering? It pretty safe without a spotter? I'm just going to go solo with my pad.

apoet · · AZ · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 193

I would be down to go out Saturday morning. I am not a strong boulderer, but have explored the area a few times and have the guidebook. I have 2 pads I can bring. What time where you planning on? Early is better for me.

apoet wrote:I would be down to go out Saturday morning. I am not a strong boulderer, but have explored the area a few times and have the guidebook. I have 2 pads I can bring. What time where you planning on? Early is better for me.
Cool! Thanks for responding! No worries on level, This will only be my second time bouldering outside. Earlier the better works for me as well, but how early are you thinking. Does 830 am work? I have a big pad I can bring. I'll be heading down from north scottsdale.

I hope the rain doesn't kill our plans of climbing saturday!! The weather has been so perfect all week.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply