Joshua Tree - Thanksgiving!


Original Post
Christina Vaughn · · Truckee, CA · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 55

Hey All,

I know Jtree isn't in N. Cali; however, I'm looking for partners interested in taking the drive with me as well. Currently live in Truckee and looking to head out Nov 22nd - 27th. Let me know if you have an interest and lets go from there. I already have a group site reserved in Indian Creek CG and it can hold a ton of people. Hoping to get a fun group of climbers. Looking forward to hearing from you. = )

Michael Hill · · Ramblin · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 45

I'm down for a j tree thanksgivings, sound like a good time! I may be able to give you a lift down there but not back up. It also depends on where I'll be around that time.

Christina Vaughn · · Truckee, CA · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 55

Awesome! I'm waiting from a friend to see if he'll be going as well. I'll keep you posted in the next week or so. The other option is Red Rocks. I have family in the area and have considered going there instead... decisions, decisions!

Anish Mittal · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 10

Hey Christina

I am going to drive from Berkley and I am planning to be there from Nov 24-27. Looks like driving together won't be an option but would be fun to climb together.

Cheers
Anish

Christina Vaughn · · Truckee, CA · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 55

So it looks like my plans have changed and will be going to Red Rocks for Thanksgiving.

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275
Christina Vaughn wrote:So it looks like my plans have changed and will be going to Red Rocks for Thanksgiving.
So typical. "Hey anybody, want to do this with me?" Then, days later, "I changed my mind."
Hobo Greg · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 120

I had deep fried turkey from two different campsites last year in j tree.

Fernando Cal · · Long Beach, CA · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 5
Christina Vaughn wrote:I already have a group site reserved in Indian Creek CG and it can hold a ton of people.
What happened to the group site? mmmh...i need somewhere to stay that weekend
Christina Vaughn · · Truckee, CA · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 55

I passed the group site along to a friend who had a party interested in going. Let me get a hold of him and see if he has some space. Would it just be you? Sorry I wasn't able to follow through. Turns out I have to go to Vegas around the same time and wouldn't be able to make J-Tree work around Thanksgiving. Sometimes things come up. But no one on here had committed to going anyhow. If you're still interested in going, I'll see if my friend with the group site has some extra room. = )

Fernando Cal · · Long Beach, CA · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 5
Christina Vaughn wrote:I passed the group site along to a friend who had a party interested in going. Let me get a hold of him and see if he has some space. Would it just be you? Sorry I wasn't able to follow through. Turns out I have to go to Vegas around the same time and wouldn't be able to make J-Tree work around Thanksgiving. Sometimes things come up. But no one on here had committed to going anyhow. If you're still interested in going, I'll see if my friend with the group site has some extra room. = )
Well I have a group (about 7-8 people) that might be going to jtree or red rocks if bishops weather doesnt improve (rain in the forecast...) Just planning ahead!
Michael Hill · · Ramblin · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 45

I'll also still be in need of a place to camp. Let me know if something pans out with this group site! Thanks

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply

Log In to Reply