Original Post
kenr · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 10,599

and so it begins ...

Mt Wood this morning

Mt Wood from SE

Bloody Mt this afternoon
Bloody Mt from NE

Rude Boy · · San Francisco, CA · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 830

last monday after last weekends storm........

stoke!

stoke!

stoke!

ChrisN · · Morro Bay, CA · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 25

As a recent transplant to SLO county from New Hampshire, I'm excited to see this.

Is there much access to any skiable lines/areas on the southern West Side? Anything around China Peak? West Side access may make a day trip from SLO county possible...

kenr · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 10,599
Rude Boy wrote:last monday after last weekends storm
Thanks for adding those.
So we lost a lot of snow up high in one week.

Similarly I sort of doubt the current layer is going to last into real accumulation for winter and spring.

But the bright white makes for a pretty accent for views while Sharon and I are out climbing -- and just driving around.

Ken
Rude Boy · · San Francisco, CA · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 830
ChrisN wrote:As a recent transplant to SLO county from New Hampshire, I'm excited to see this. Is there much access to any skiable lines/areas on the southern West Side? Anything around China Peak? West Side access may make a day trip from SLO county possible...
I think there is some skiing around there but that is the one area of the Sierra I haven't really explored. I wouldn't count on it being too great but someone correct me if I'm wrong. Up and down the East side, Tahoe area, and Shasta are where it's at. You're in a bad area for day trips my friend.
C Brooks · · Fresno, CA · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 546

West side checkout Alta Peak, there is a BC hut (Pear Lake Hut) you can book. Lottery starts on the 1st.

saltlick · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 495

I skied the mono craters around this time last year - probably worth checking out if you've got new skis.

ChrisN · · Morro Bay, CA · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 25
Rude Boy wrote: I think there is some skiing around there but that is the one area of the Sierra I haven't really explored. I wouldn't count on it being too great but someone correct me if I'm wrong. Up and down the East side, Tahoe area, and Shasta are where it's at. You're in a bad area for day trips my friend.
Yes, I kind of figured that day trips would be rough... at least the weekend trips will be to some of the best backcountry in the US.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply